The border line of interactions, ‘Workplace Manners’. How representable we Hyosung People are?
Here are the opinions of Hyosung People on ‘Work Etiquette’.
Survey Responses: 371 employees
Survey Period: August 4th – 18th, 2017
1. Do you consider yourself to have good work etiquettes?
① I have decent etiquettes. 61%
② I am highly representable. 34%
③ I am not confident with my etiquettes. 5%
2. What kind of etiquette displayed by your colleagues do you want to recommend to others?
① A comforting smile and greeting. 39%
② A humble attitude regardless to the urgency of issue. 37%
③ Taking responsibility to earnestly execute any difficult or minute task. 21%
④ Decent and representable appearance (outfit and style). 3%
3. Tip for newcomers! What helps new employees to earn the respect of their superiors?
① A delightful smile and greeting at work. 69%
② Promptness, on-time appearance. 16%
③ Seeking and suggesting alternatives at all times. 10%
④ Proper reference and respect. 5%
4. Please not that! What is the most disturbing and inappropriate conduct?
① The ‘Talker’ who does not know how to keep secrets or personal issues to him/herself. 33%
② The ‘Noble’ who considers his/her subordinates as his/her servant and requests them to complete personal chores. 27%
③ The ‘Machine’ who does not even look into the eye of a colleague who just fulfilled and reported his job. 20%
④ The ‘Clown’ who is incapable to comprehend the situation and makes jokes in inappropriate situations. 14%
⑤ Others 6%
5. What do you consider to be the most essential and important work etiquette?
① Decent and respectful use of language. 38%
② Leave one’s personal life to themselves. 30%
③ Do not force his/her own opinion on others. 18%
④ No Disparaging. 14%
Consolidated by | Editing Rom